The purpose of the mini-grant is to lower the barriers of entry to creating change in Omaha (getting involved in community development). We aim to do this by providing funding quickly and directly to local community-based groups looking to make positive changes in Omaha.
- Your group is based in Omaha
- The project will be resident-led
- Your group has not received grant funds from One Omaha in the calendar year
- At least four people are involved in the project. If you need help getting more folks involved, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org (or click on this link here for tips on growing capacity)
If this is your first time applying for a grant, please click here for a quick one-pager with information about grant writing and answers to frequently asked questions.
- This mini-grant is open from June 3rd, 2021, to June 29th, 2021. Applicants will get a notification of their application status on July 1st.
- Funds will be awarded as a direct deposit or a check mailed to the applicant’s home, and funds will arrive 1-2 weeks after the applicant returns a signed copy of their MOU.
- Your group must complete the project and grant report by December 1st, 2021.
You can apply for up to $500 in funding. Grant applications are judged on the following criteria:
- The project organizes more members of the community
- The project identifies an issue and seeks a community-based solution
- The project aims to uplift marginalized folks
- Short term projects that are part of an ongoing initiative for social change
Application process: In addition to our standard form of the application process, this year you also have the option to apply using audio or video submissions instead of the traditional submission. The alternative submission process allows you to get creative while informing us about your proposed project! Click here to take you directly to the traditional application form and here to the audio and video submission form.